Ads

Welcome! Bienvenue!

New Here? Welcome! You'll want to Subscribe to Coupons 4 Canada Eh! by Email Please scroll down to see the newest Coupons,and the article that brought you here.

Nov 18, 2011

Dr. Oetker Pizza Coupons Plus Teen Pizza Party Review!

Which Dr. Oetker Pizza Will Be a Hit At Your Pizza Party?

Dr. Oetker has a fantastic contest on right now on their Dr. Oetker Facebook Page where you can win a fabulous $10,000 Venice.in Vegas Trip using the free PIN Code available for Facebook Fans. Dr. Oetker Pizzas are thoroughly enjoyed by our family, so when I was given the opportunity to take part in the Dr. Oetker Blogger Outreach by reviewing Dr. Oetker Pizza, I was thrilled. I was given the choice of reviewing one or all three pizza types, and being my gung-ho self, decided it would be fun to include my teen's hungry social group in reviewing all three pizzas. The coupons posted on the Dr. Oetker site will help you hold a pizza party too! A quick call put everything in motion. While I contemplated which of the many delicious pizzas we should have, my teen vetoed my choice,and picked up three teen approved Dr. Oetker Pizzas from our local grocery store:
Then the fun began:

Dr. Oetker Pizza Challenge

Something I hadn't realized when tackling this review, is that each different type of Pizza needed to be cooked in a different way, at a different temperature,and for a different length of time - makes total sense when you think about it. We started with the Dr. Oetker Casa Di Mama Bacon Pizza .

Dr. Oetker Casa Di Mama Bacon Pizza Oops!

Our first impression of the Dr. Oetker Casa Di Mama Bacon Pizza? Looked delicious even frozen! Huge generous chunks of bacon. I re-read the box to be sure this was a bacon pizza - yup this was bacon alright. What an entrance-not tiny little specks of bacon like on other pizzas -wish I had taken a picture-trust me-you need to buy this and see it for yourself! The pizza was to be cooked at 480F -That's a hot oven! I re-read that three times to be sure. Since our electric oven settings go from 475 to 500, we unsuccessfully guestimated the temperature - not a  good idea. Teen returned to store for a second pizza while cleared the smoke, and I proceeded. (Umm.. you don't want to see that picture.)

Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza Pizza Quatro Formaggi


The next pizza, Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza - Pizza Quatro Formaggi (Four Cheese Pizza) First impression- VERY Cheesy! Large luscious rounds of cheese This pizza needed to be cooked directly on the bottom rack at 425F. Mmm! Delicious aromas filled the house! Now I started to wonder if our oven thermometer was off- since the edges curled up. The mozza circles maintained their form, I was looking forward to tasting it, but needed to get the next pizza into the oven.
Image-Dr.-Oetker-Ristorante-Pizza - Pizza Quatro Formaggi

Dr. Oetker Casa Di Mama Panebello Country Pepperoni Pizza


The third Pizza, Dr.Oetker Casa Di Mama Panebello Country Peperoni Pizza -Wow! This pizza was so loaded with toppings I needed to be very careful setting it in the oven at 410F . As delicious aromas filled the kitchen,I could see the cheese melting,and the pepperoni starting to glisten.

Dr. Oetker Casa Di Mama Bacon Pizza Success!

Now to retry baking the Dr. Oetker Casa Di Mama Bacon Pizza. This time we baked it just below 475F to be on the safe side. It rose beautifully, but I think our smoke detector must be very sensitive, as I was still trying to make it stop when they arrived to pick up the pizzas and transport us to the school where the hungry teens were playing basketball.
 

Dr. Oetker Teen Challenge

Image-Hungry-Basketball-playing-teens
We cut the pizzas into 1/16ths so each person could have 2 different slivers,then asked them which of the 2 they preferred, what they liked, what they didn't like,and which pizza they might bug their parents to buy. They could also add any other comments if they liked.

Dr. Oetker Teen Challenge Results

Here are the results and some of the comments:

Dr.Oetker Casa Di Mama Bacon Pizza - 2 Preferred

Image-Dr.-Oetker-Pizza-Slice-1/16th
"I like bacon, but I don't like peppers."
"I've tried all the pizzas before. I love the bacon!! I would buy the bacon!"
"Lots of bacon. Lacks flavour ."
"Too spicy"
"8/10-too many toppings"(compared w cheese)
"Very good lots of bacon would buy it."

Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza - Pizza Quatro Formaggi - 4 Preferred

"Lots of flavour. I'd buy it (compared w bacon"
"Oddly Yummy. I like cheese-loved it. It had a Tang"
"Didn't like it"
"10/10 delicious!"
"It is good!"(tried all 3)
"Good. I would buy the Cheese one" (Tried 3)

Dr.Oetker Panebello Country Pepperoni - 4 Preferred

"It was yummy," (all 3)
"It was yummy," (all 3)
"Tasted like pizza -didn't like cheese pizza"
"Pepperoni!(Compared to bacon)"
"Alright"

My Personal Choice Surprised Me!

Myself, I was very surprised!  Normally I prefer a soft thick crust like the Dr.Oetker Panebello Country Pepperoni,and the Dr. Oetker Casa Di Mama Bacon Pizza, looked delicious enough to eat frozen. Of the three pizzas however, it was the thin crust Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza -- Pizza Quatro Formaggi that had me wanting to run out and get baking another pizza right away. BIG surprise in the flavour! I've never been a fan of cheese pizza before, but I am sold. The combination of herbs on the pizza with the four cheeses makes this much more than a Plain Jane Cheese Pizza –this is true Gourmet pizza that I could imagine eating on a piazza,and hey, maybe if I win the contest I will! What I learned from this experiment is its important to step out of patterns and try something new. If it hadn;t been for this experiment,I would never have discovered my new favourite pizza –and oh yes if you’re making a pizza that needs a high temperature-start with a spotless oven!
You will want to have a pizza party yourself and try all the varieties.There are three Dr. Oetker Pizza Coupons available on the Dr. Oetker Website:
  • SAVE $1.00 on  DR. OETKER PANEBELLO Bakery Crust Pizza
  • BUY 2 SAVE $1.50 on  DR. OETKER Ristorante Pizza
  • BUY 2 SAVE $1.50 on  DR. OETKER Casa di Mama Pizza
Once you are on the Dr. Oetker site,go to the promotions page,and click the savings link.Select the three coupons,and they will be mailed right to you! Soon you’ll be having your own pizza taste test. Which of the many flavours will you choose? Please let us know in the comments below or pop up to the Freebies 4 Canada Facebook Page,or come Tweet me!
YrHelper Infonut 
Let me know how your Dr. Oetker Pizza Party turns out! Note: I was given coupons for Dr. Oetker pizza in return for conducting the review,however,as you can see it did not influence my opinion. For more details see my blog policies. I am having a tricky time uploading our party pics,please check back later.

7 comments:

  1. I love the DR. OETKER Ristorante Pizza in the Spinachi flavour! Thin crust is great. Also doubles as a really easy appetizer by cutting it into small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I loved the idea of having teens help you review these pizzas! I'm a huge fan myself! If you get a chance, I'd love it if you dropped by to visit (you can check out my reviews of Dr. Oetker pizzas too!*s*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @RuthTait Love your suggestion about making appetizers with the thin crust pizzas. A great tip especially with the holiday season here now. Yes, my former favourite was the Spinach DR. OETKER Ristorante Pizza too. Guess I'll need to have an adult taste test comparing these two with adults at an adult party. Any excuse to eat Dr. Oetker's foods is a great excuse for me! (As if I needed an excuse)LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Maggie Really enjoyed reading your Wednesday night Dr. Oetker Family Pizza night reviews. Nice to meet another Canadian mum Blogger!Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by,and comment. I'm now following you on Twitter too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! We love to get your comments,and may even dedicate a post to you if you leave a link..

Get email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Latest Coupon Updates

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Each search helps save the life of a Mum of Two Tots